Monday, December 13, 2010

Tip of the week


When competing in a tournament or league play, toss all friendships out the window. Remember that there are no buddies during competition. Maybe I’m wrong to say this, but I know from experience that if you really want something in life no one should stand in your way of getting it. It may just be my competitive nature. Finishing in first place feels a lot better than finishing in second, even if it is second to a good friend. When it comes to competition, don’t let up for a minute! Don’t take it easy on anyone just cause they call themselves your friend. Your goal should always be to win, win, win! That’s what competition is all about! So when you shake hands with your opponent and they say something like,  “Now take it easy on me! Remember, I’m your buddy, your friend, your compadre!” You say, “Sure thing friend,” Then break out your “A” game and tear into them like a hungry dog tears into a soup bone!
Believe me, they will respect you after it is all over. If they don’t, then they were never your friend to start with.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment